World Heritages in Iran
Iran has many important historical sights and , up to now six of them have been registered as World Heritages.
1. Choghzanbil has over 4000 years of antiquity which goes back to the Ilamite era near the city of Ahwaz.
2. Perspolis has the antiquity of 2500 years and is located near the city of Shiraz: the first known government of the world started from this era.
3. Naghsh-e jahan square in the city of Isfahan which has 500 years of antiquity.
4. Takhte Soleiman which belongs to the Sassanid era and is ancient back to 2000 years old and is located near the city of Takab.
5. Citadel of Bam or (Arg-Bam) or The ghost city in the world.
6. Passargadae was the first dynastic capital of the Achaemenid Empire, founded by Cyrus II, the Great, in Paris,homeland of the Persians, in the 6th century.